Roasted smashed garlic and rosemary potatoes
- December 2016
- Serves 6
- Hands-on 15-20 min, simmering 20 min, oven 35 min
Take your Sunday lunch side dish up a notch – these best ever roast potatoes are golden, crunchy and flavoured with garlic and rosemary.
- 5.8g (0.5g saturated)
- 42g (1.9g sugars)
- 1.5kg small or medium Maris Piper potatoes, halved
- Rapeseed oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of chopped fresh rosemary
- Put the halved potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Drain the potatoes well and partially crush with a potato masher, leaving them in large chunky pieces but with some small crumbly bits. Drizzle a good glug of rapeseed oil into a large roasting tin (you may need to use 2 tins as the potatoes need to be in a single layer). Spread out the potatoes, drizzle with a little more oil and season well with salt and pepper, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss with the crushed garlic and chopped fresh rosemary, then return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
Make the potatoes a few hours ahead of time. They’ll reheat well with 10-15 minutes in a hot oven.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...