Sausage, tomato and olive penne
- April 2007
- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 150ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- handful pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 500g bag fresh penne pasta
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Skin the sausages and, when the pan is hot, cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the spoon until mince-like and browned. Pour in the wine and boil for 2 minutes, until mostly evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until reduced. Stir in the olives. Heat through and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook a 500g bag fresh penne pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan. Add the sausage bolognese, toss together and divide between deep plates. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan to serve, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...