Sausage, tomato and olive penne
- April 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Try this easy and tasty alternative to spag bol made with sausages, tomatoes, olives and quick-cook penne.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 150ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- handful pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 500g bag fresh penne pasta
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Skin the sausages and, when the pan is hot, cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the spoon until mince-like and browned. Pour in the wine and boil for 2 minutes, until mostly evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until reduced. Stir in the olives. Heat through and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook a 500g bag fresh penne pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan. Add the sausage bolognese, toss together and divide between deep plates. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan to serve, if you like.
Rate & review