- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
A classic Italian pasta dish, this spaghetti vongole recipe is so easy to make and will be a big hit with family and friends alike.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 14.6g (2.2g saturated)
- 81.8g (5.7g sugars)
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 750g fresh clams (from supermarket fish counters and fishmongers), cleaned and drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- 150ml white wine
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside. Meanwhile, check the clams and discard any cracked or open ones.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep sauté pan over a medium heat and cook the garlic, chilli, capers, tomatoes and half the chopped parsley for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and boil for 2 minutes. Add the clams to the pan, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams are opened. Discard any that haven’t opened.
- Toss the clams and sauce into the spaghetti, season well with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
Rate & review