Spiced and buttered crab
- September 2005
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 15 mins
This spiced crab recipe is quick and easy and packed full of flavour.
- 15g (5.1g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.3g sugars)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 400g fresh white crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, plus extra to sprinkle
- Large pinch of ground allspice
- 1 pink shallot, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Put the eggs, crab, mayonnaise, butter and spices into a bowl. Mix and season to taste. Divide between 6 small bowls or ramekins. Chill until ready to serve.
- Top each serving with a few slivers of shallot, some fresh basil and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. Serve with warm French bread or toast.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Curry spiced potted crab
Mild curry powder works gives a new twist to a seaside special in Debbie Major’s...
Christmas breakfast recipes
Crab on toasted spelt with soft boiled eggs and salsa verde
Creamy crab and a fresh herby salsa take egg on toast to a new level...