Spiced honey fondant parsnips and carrots
- December 2019
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 45 min
Use winter root vegetables to their best potential with this wonderful spiced honey parsnip and carrot dish. It makes for an interesting side to accompany a roast dinner and will almost certainly get your guests talking (and salivating).
Looking for more ways to use parsnips? Take a look at our parsnip recipe collection for culinary inspiration.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4.1g (2.2g saturated)
- 13g (9.1g sugars)
- 450g each peeled and halved carrots and parsnips
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 500ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 star anise
- Large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley
- Put 450g each peeled and halved carrots and parsnips in a large, deep frying pan with 50g butter, 2 tsp runny honey, 500ml gluten-free vegetable stock and 2 star anise. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat, then cook for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is a glossy glaze.
- Stir in a large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Easy green pearl barley salad with roast parsnips and goat’s cheese
A vegetarian salad recipe, made with pearl barley, parsnips and goats cheese, is great for...
Sponsored by Mazzetti L'Originale
Balsamic and brown sugar roast carrots and parsnips
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve with your roast dinner, try...