Spiced honey fondant parsnips and carrots
- December 2019
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 45 min
Use winter root vegetables to their best potential with this wonderful spiced honey parsnip and carrot dish. It makes for an interesting side to accompany a roast dinner and will almost certainly get your guests talking (and salivating).
Looking for more ways to use parsnips? Take a look at our parsnip recipe collection for culinary inspiration.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4.1g (2.2g saturated)
- 13g (9.1g sugars)
- 450g each peeled and halved carrots and parsnips
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 500ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 star anise
- Large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley
- Put 450g each peeled and halved carrots and parsnips in a large, deep frying pan with 50g butter, 2 tsp runny honey, 500ml gluten-free vegetable stock and 2 star anise. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat, then cook for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is a glossy glaze.
- Stir in a large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...