Spicy sausage penne
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 minutes plus 40 minutes cooking time
Sausages and pasta in a chilli tomato sauce is a cheap and easy midweek meal that’s sure to satisfy everyone.
- 24.9g (8.6g saturated)
- 88.5g (9.1g sugars)
- 400g pork sausages
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 150ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 400g penne
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the sausages in a roasting tin and roast for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove and slice on the diagonal.
- In a frying pan, fry the onion in the oil until soft. Season. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and wine. Bubble over a high heat for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and sugar, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring, until thick. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne in a large pan of salted boiling water until al dente, then drain.
- Divide the penne among bowls, then spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan to serve.
Rate & review