Sweetcorn, courgette and potato hash with fried egg
- September 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
A wonderfully comforting and hearty vegetarian brunch that will see you through the day. Of course, the recipe would work well for lunch or dinner, too.
Or, if you’re feeding just two people, try this two-potato and parmesan hash recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 19.1g (4.3g saturated)
- 33.9g (4.2g sugar)
- 400g waxy potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 3 sweetcorn cobs, kernels removed or 350g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for just 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and the butter in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the potatoes for 6 minutes, turning once. Add the courgettes and fry for 3 minutes until golden.
- Add the sweetcorn to the pan and stir in along with the chilli, spring onions and garlic. Season and cook for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Fry the eggs in the remaining oil in a separate frying pan. Serve on the courgette and potato hash.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with chorizo
Roast sweet potato, chorizo and onion hash with poached eggs
Eggs are a particularly filling, protein-rich food. They’re also one of the few foods that...
Two-potato, pancetta and parmesan hash
Feeling fragile? Throw together this revamped fry-up for when you need food on the table...