Turkey, sprout and stuffing pasties
- December 2013
- Makes 8
- Takes 40 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
This nifty recipe uses up leftover Christmas turkey, leftover sprouts and leftover stuffing in the form of delicious mini pasties.
Or, work your leftover Christmas turkey and sprouts into this creamy turkey curry.
- 20.3g (9.1g saturated)
- 23.8g carbs (1.7g sugars)
- Glug olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g leftover sprouts, finely sliced (see tips)
- 50g leftover sausagemeat stuffing, finely chopped
- 100g leftover roast turkey meat, chopped
- Good splash fresh turkey or chicken stock
- 30ml double cream
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Plain flour to dust
- 500g block all-butter puff pastry
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the sprouts and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stuffing, turkey and stock. Season, then cook until all the stock has been absorbed (see tip). Stir in the cream and parsley, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick, then cut into 8 x 12cm circles (use a saucer as a template).
- Spoon an eighth of the turkey mixture onto the centre of each of the circles, then brush the edge of each with a little water. Fold in half to form a pasty shape, then press and crimp the edges to seal.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and brush each pasty with beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve straightaway.
You can also use uncooked sprouts for this recipe. Just cook them for a couple of extra minutes when you add them to the pan.
Cook the filling until the stock is reduced and sticky – you don’t want any liquid seeping out and making the pastry soggy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Leftover turkey bake
An American succotash-style bake recipe to transform your Christmas turkey leftovers into something brand new...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...