- 200g griddled aubergines (from the deli counter)
- ½ of a 680g jar passata with onions and garlic
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 150g mozzarella ball, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- In a baking dish, layer the aubergines with the passata, tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Season. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 15 minutes or until bubbling. Top with fresh basil leaves to serve.
- A lightish Italian red, like Dolcetto, chimes the right note.