Celeriac and potato dauphinois
- November 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 50-55 minutes in the oven, plus standing
As well being the perfect side dish with a roast, this celeriac and potato dauphinois recipe is just as satisfying served as a vegetarian main course with a salad.
- 60.4g (37.7g saturated)
- 19.2g (4.6g sugars)
- 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 500g floury potatoes, such as maris piper or king edward
- 500g celeriac
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 568ml carton double cream
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly butter a large ovenproof dish. Peel and finely slice the potatoes. Peel the celeriac, quarter, and finely slice. Layer the vegetables randomly in the dish.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a large pan, bring just to the boil, then season. Pour into the dish, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Check halfway through, and pat down with a spatula. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Honey and balsamic roasted heritage carrots with hazelnuts
These sweet-roasted carrots with an added hazelnut crunch are a fantastic side dish for any...