Celeriac and potato dauphinois
- November 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 50-55 minutes in the oven, plus standing
As well being the perfect side dish with a roast, this celeriac and potato dauphinois recipe is just as satisfying served as a vegetarian main course with a salad.
- 60.4g (37.7g saturated)
- 19.2g (4.6g sugars)
- 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 500g floury potatoes, such as maris piper or king edward
- 500g celeriac
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 568ml carton double cream
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly butter a large ovenproof dish. Peel and finely slice the potatoes. Peel the celeriac, quarter, and finely slice. Layer the vegetables randomly in the dish.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a large pan, bring just to the boil, then season. Pour into the dish, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Check halfway through, and pat down with a spatula. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
February seasonal recipes
Fresh crab with rhubarb, chilli and fennel seed yogurt
”The heat from the chilli and the anise of the fennel seeds bind the crab...