Chicken with olives and radicchio
- February 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 20 min
Add this easy Italian chicken thigh recipe to your midweek meal repertoire.
- 25.7g (5.3g saturated)
- 20.6g protein
- 4.5g carbs (3.6g sugars)
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 radicchio
- 4 free-range chicken thighs
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g pancetta cubes
- 150ml chicken stock
- 100ml white wine
- 100g black olives
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. In a bowl, whisk 4 tbsp of the oil with 1½ tbsp of the vinegar. Season. Quarter the radicchio, then toss in the dressing to coat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heatproof casserole, season the chicken, then fry skin- down for 6-8 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Add the onion to the casserole, fry gently for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the pancetta and fry for 3-5 minutes, stirring until crisp.
- Add the stock, wine and remaining vinegar, then boil briskly. Add some pepper and the olives, then put the chicken back in the pan, skin-side up.
- Oven-cook for 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, heat a griddle and char the radicchio for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add to the chicken; top with the basil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pearl barley recipes
Cider-braised chicken thighs with pearl barley, bacon, carrots and peas
September sees the ripening and falling of cider apples. Here Debbie Major shares her traditionally...
Italian chicken recipes
Roast chicken thighs stuffed with gorgonzola piccante, chilli and herbs
Trade in your Sunday roast for these Italian-inspired gorgonzola stuffed chicken thighs. This easy-to-make dinner...