Chilli and sesame broccoli
- March 2009
- For 2-4 people
- Ready in 10 minutes
A side of chilli and sesame broccoli works wonders with griddled steak or grilled chicken and a dash of sweet chilli sauce.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 400g tenderstem or purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (we like Munchy Seeds Pumpkin Mix from Waitrose and Tesco)
- Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes until almost tender, then refresh under cold water. Heat a knob of butter and sesame oil in a pan and gently cook the garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan with the soy sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until hot. Sprinkle with sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds before serving.
Try adding some finely sliced fresh ginger and a few water chestnuts for added freshness.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...