Chilli and sesame broccoli
- March 2009
- For 2-4 people
- Ready in 10 minutes
A side of chilli and sesame broccoli works wonders with griddled steak or grilled chicken and a dash of sweet chilli sauce.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 400g tenderstem or purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (we like Munchy Seeds Pumpkin Mix from Waitrose and Tesco)
- Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes until almost tender, then refresh under cold water. Heat a knob of butter and sesame oil in a pan and gently cook the garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan with the soy sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until hot. Sprinkle with sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds before serving.
Try adding some finely sliced fresh ginger and a few water chestnuts for added freshness.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...