Warm broccoli with anchovies and red chilli
- November 2015
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Boil a full kettle of water. Put the broccoli in a medium heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave the broccoli to blanch in the hot water for 3 minutes, then drain it in a colander in the sink.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and fry for 5 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown. Add the garlic, anchovies and finely chopped red chilli, then fry for a further minute. Add the blanched broccoli and fry for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, season generously with salt and pepper, then thoroughly toss everything together to coat. Serve straightaway topped with parmesan shavings.
Blanch the broccoli as in step 1 up to 24 hours ahead, cool under running water, then drain, pat dry and chill, covered, until needed. Bring back to room temperature before continuing with the recipe from step 2.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...