Extra-crunchy parmesan roasties
- December 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 40-45 min
Scattered with parmesan and thyme, these extra crunchy potatoes are the perfect side dish. And you can make them in advance, too.
Love an extra crunchy roastie? Try our polenta, balsamic and thyme recipe too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.3g (3.2g saturated)
- 45.3g (1.8g sugars)
- 1.6kg maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 125ml rapeseed oil or light olive oil
- 6 tbsp fine cornmeal or polenta
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Fresh thyme leaves to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender when pierced with a round-ended knife. Drain, reserving 600ml of the cooking water for the turkey gravy, then put the potatoes back in the pan, off the heat, to steam dry. Roughen the edges a little by shaking the pan (this will give extra crunch when the potatoes are roasted).
- Heat the oil in a large roasting tin in the oven until smoking. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, then add the cornmeal or polenta and toss to coat. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until crunchy. Serve scattered with the parmesan and thyme leaves.
Prep the potatoes the day before and keep in cold water.
Rate & review