- November 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Fettuccine pasta is stirred through a silky sauce of double cream, parmesan and butter in this fantastic treat-yourself meal. Grab a fork – and a quiet corner – and eat your way to pasta heaven…
Love creamy pasta? We’ve got loads more…
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g dried fettucine
- Splash olive oil
- 100ml double cream
- 100g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- 100g butter
- Handful flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the fettuccine for 7-8 minutes, or until a little underdone. Drain the pasta reserving 400ml water. Toss the pasta with flaky sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a splash of olive oil to stop it sticking.
- Heat the cream, cheese and butter in a large, deep heavy-based frying pan for a few minutes and stir over a medium heat. Pour in the reserved pasta cooking water and bring to the boil. Season generously and stir in the cooked pasta.
- Gently simmer the pasta in the sauce, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. The sauce may look a little runny at first, but it will thicken and become coating consistency as it cools. Turn off the heat, let the pasta stand for 1 minute, toss through the parsley, season to taste and serve in bowls with extra parmesan.
The pasta is best eaten as soon as made but it can be reheated in the microwave, covered in cling film with a splash of hot water, for 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Blue cheese recipes
Fettuccine alfredo with blue cheese, artichokes and asparagus
Creamy, cheesy pasta isn’t just for the colder months. Debbie Major’s recipe adds summer vegetables...
Creamy pasta recipes
Mushroom tagliatelle alfredo with chicken milanese
You could easily serve this creamy mushroom alfredo dish as a speedy midweek dinner. Or,...