Gazpacho with crab meat
- August 2008
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 mins, plus chilling
This classic chilled Spanish soup recipe complements the crab meat brilliantly in this light, summery dish.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 small cucumber
- ¼ small red onion
- 600ml fresh tomato juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- A dash of sherry vinegar
- 170g can white crab meat, drained
- A dash of lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- Whizz ½ cucumber, red onion, fresh tomato juice, olive oil, ½ red pepper and sherry vinegar in a processor until smooth. Season.
- Finely chop and stir in the remaining cucumber and red pepper. Chill.
- When you’re ready to eat, pour the gazpacho into bowls. Mix the crab meat with a dash of lime juice and the chopped fresh herbs and spoon onto the gazpacho. Serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Bloody Mary gazpacho with fresh oysters
If you like the spicy, tangy flavours of a Bloody Mary cocktail, you’re going to...