Honey and ginger chicken
- March 2006
- Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 packs Chinese stir-fry vegetables (about 350g each)
- In a large bowl, mix together the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice. Take 4 tablespoons of the marinade and set aside. Trim the chicken thighs neatly. Add to the bowl with the remaining marinade and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes, or overnight if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Lift the chicken from the marinade – leave the marinade in the bowl – and lay on a large lined baking sheet in a single layer. Cook for 20 minutes, then turn over and brush with the marinade from the bowl. Cook for a further 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Just before the chicken is ready, heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or according to packet instructions, then add the reserved 4 tablespoons marinade and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve with the sticky chicken thighs.
Bake a batch and open-freeze before putting in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Thaw as many as you need for a quick kids’ meal or snack, and reheat in the oven or microwave until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey mustard chicken and parsnips
Honey and mustard pair perfectly with both parsnips and chicken in this sweet and comforting...