Sticky lime and ginger chicken
- March 2008
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to bake
Low in fat and packed with flavour, this cheap lime and ginger chicken recipe for two is deliciously sweet, sour and sticky.
- 3 globes stem ginger in syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 limes, zested and 1 juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Drain and finely dice the ginger and mix with honey, soy sauce, lime zest and juice and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix together well. Spread out in a foil-lined or ceramic baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, turning over halfway, until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with steamed basmati rice and tenderstem broccoli.
Rate & review