Loch Duart salmon fillet with chive and lovage sauce
- July 2009
- 4 salmon fillet portions
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 2 shallots
- 1 glass white wine
- 100ml double cream
- Small bunch of chopped chives
- Small bunch of chopped lovage
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100g unsalted butter
- Chop the shallots, place in a pan with white wine & boil to reduce liquid by two thirds. Add 100ml of cream and bring back to the boil. Whisk in approx 100g diced cold butter & strain through fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Add chives, lovage and lemon juice and set aside.
- Blanch the Asparagus in boiling salted water.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes each side & season with salt & pepper.
- Warm through the sauce – do not boil.
- Place asparagus onto serving plate. Place salmon on top of asparagus and spoon sauce around.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salmon fillet recipes
Easy mustard and dill salmon with new potatoes and asparagus
Sometimes simplicity really is best and this classic spring combination of salmon, asparagus and new...