- April 2005
- Makes 12
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to bake, plus cooling and chilling
These moist marmalade brownies with a white chocolate decoration showcase the classic and delicious combination of chocolate and orange.
They’re really easy to make and great fun to make with kids! Give them a go or find more easy baking ideas to make with kids.
- 14.3g (7.5g saturated)
- 31.1g (24.8g sugars)
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 150g plain chocolate, broken up
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp coarse marmalade
- 30g white chocolate buttons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease the base of a 20cm shallow, square cake tin and line with baking paper. Using an electric hand whisk, beat the eggs and sugar well in a bowl.
- Melt the plain chocolate and butter in a clean bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes on medium, stirring halfway through. (Or melt in a bowl over a pan of just simmering water. Stir until smooth.) Stir well into the egg mixture. Add the flour, nuts and marmalade and stir in. Pour the mix into the tin, spreading evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until just set. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Discard the baking paper and cut the brownies into 12 squares.
- Melt the white chocolate buttons in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on medium-low, stirring halfway through. (Or melt over water as above.) Place in a small paper piping bag, snip the end and pipe daisy shapes onto baking paper. Chill in the fridge until set, then remove with a palette knife and place on top of the brownies. They will keep in an airtight box for up to 5 days.
These keep for up to 5 days but they’re sure to get eaten before then.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter