Microwave cauliflower and lentil curry
- October 2005
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
The only equipment you need to make this quick, easy vegetarian curry is a microwave. Simply combine the ready-made tadka daal with cauliflower and you’ve got a filling midweek meal.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- A knob of butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g pack Indian lentil tadka daal ready-meal
- 200g small cauliflower florets
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp hot water
- Put the onion, butter and vegetable oil into a bowl. Cover with cling film, pierce a few times, then microwave on high (900W) for 5 minutes.
- Stir and microwave for a further 1-2 minutes, checking continuously, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the daal ready-meal according to packet instructions. Boil the cauliflower florets until tender, drain and tip into a bowl. Add the daal, some chopped fresh coriander and a splash of hot water. Gently mix, then season.
- Divide between 2 plates and top with the onions and some fresh coriander. Serve with basmati rice.
Rate & review