Deliciously Ella’s Middle Eastern-inspired salad
- online only
For the salad
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tsp tamari
- Olive oil
- 100g green lentils
- 20g fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 200g pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Chop the cauliflower and aubergines into bite-size pieces and put them on a large baking tray with half the tamari, some olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Next, put the lentils in a saucepan (that has a lid) with the remaining tamari and 500ml boiling water. Place the lid on the pan and bring the lentils to the boil again, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and let them sit for a while so the flavours can infuse.
- Allow the cauliflower, aubergines and lentils to cool down for a few minutes, then combine them all in a salad bowl with the dressing, mixing gently. Sprinkle with the coriander and pomegranate and mix so everything is lightly coated in the dressing, then serve.
Ella says, ‘Make sure to use a large baking tray to roast the cauliflower and aubergines, or they’ll all sit on top of each other and become a little soggy.’
Rate & review