Minty yogurt lamb with nutty couscous
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 8-10 min to cook, plus marinating
Next time you fancy a lovely summer recipe that’s budget-friendly too, try our minty yogurt lamb with nutty couscous.
- 32.1g (10.1g saturated)
- 36.9g (3.2g sugar)
- 8 small lamb leg steaks
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 250g couscous
- 400ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the lamb leg steaks in a bowl with the yogurt, garlic and half the mint. Mix together, season and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Pour over the hot stock, oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest. Cover with cling film and stand for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then add the lemon juice, remaining herbs and nuts. Season and set aside.
- Place the lamb on a grill pan and grill for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked but still a little pink in the middle. Serve with the couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Favourite lamb recipes
Chia minty yogurt lamb with wholewheat couscous salad
Something a little different to your traditional Sunday lunch, but Vladia Cobrdova’s Middle Eastern-style lamb...