Morcilla and spicy pepper sausage rolls
- December 2015
- Makes 36
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 25 min
If you’re a fan of sausage rolls then you’re in for a real treat with this recipe which comes with a Spanish twist of morcilla and peppers.
Looking for something else? We’ve got over 20 ideas in our collection of sausage roll recipes.
- 8.4g (3.7g saturated)
- 6.6g (0.4g sugars)
- 600g British free-range pork sausages
- 100g morcilla
- 6 pickled spicy peppers (such as guindillas, widely available)
- small bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 x 320g sheets all-butter puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Remove the meat from the sausages and put in a bowl with the morcilla (see Know-how), broken into small chunks. Finely slice the peppers and chop the parsley, season with salt, then mix well, kneading everything together with your hands.
- Unroll the puff pastry and halve lengthways to give 4 long rectangles. Divide the sausagemeat into 4 equal portions, then roll each one into a cylinder the length of the pastry. Put one on each pastry strip. Bring the long pastry edge over to enclose the meat and press the edges together to seal.
- Turn the roll so the seam is on the bottom, then gently press down to flatten slightly. Glaze the pastry with the beaten egg, then slice into 3cm lengths. Put on baking sheets, then snip the pastry on the tops once with scissors. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature, with tomato chutney for dunking, if you like.
Make the sausage rolls, but don’t bake. Glaze, leave to dry, then wrap in cling film and freeze. To bake from frozen, add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Morcilla is a type of Spanish rice or onions added. Find it in good delis and from brindisa.com. If you can’t find it, use black pudding.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Polenta, olive and sesame cubes with caramelised peppers
These polenta, olive and sesame cubes make great little snacks or canapés. If you’re entertaining,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...