Mushroom and taleggio risotto
- September 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Looking for some easy comfort food? Try this quick vegetarian risotto made with with oozy taleggio cheese and mushrooms for a comforting midweek dinner.
Looking for more ways with taleggio? Try this cauliflower cheese pasta bake and fall in love…
- 13.2g (6.4g saturated)
- 50.2g (1.5g sugars)
- 1 onion
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- Splash olive oil
- Knob of butter
- Bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 250g risotto rice
- 750ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 100g taleggio cheese or vegetarian alternative
- Roughly chop the onion and slice the chestnut mushrooms. Heat the oil and the butter in a non-stick medium-size saucepan over a medium heat, then fry the onion and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add most of them to the pan. Continue cooking for a further 1 minute. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring until each ladleful has been absorbed before adding the next. Continue in this way for around 15-18 minutes until all the stock has been added and the rice is cooked and creamy, with a slight bite.
- Cut the taleggio into small cubes. Stir into the risotto, then serve scattered with extra thyme leaves (optional).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mushroom risotto with bacon
This bacon and mushroom risotto recipe is a quick and scrumptious midweek supper for two.