One-pan vegetable lasagne
- July 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
We love a comforting veggie recipe. And do you know what we love even more? Minimal washing up! Donal Skehan’s incredible one-pan vegetable lasagne ticks all the right boxes and can be made in a pan, instead of in the oven, in just 30 minutes.
For more of Donal’s recipes, visit donalskehan.com
- 28.2g (14.2g saturated)
- 68.5g (12g sugars)
- 8.1g fibre
- 1.1g salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 courgettes, chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g baby leaf spinach
- 400g fresh lasagne sheets, sliced into strips
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 80g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, sliced
You’ll also need…
- Large shallow hob-safe casserole or ovenproof sauté pan
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add the onions and fry over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the courgettes and mushrooms, increase the heat and fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes and 400ml boiling water, then season. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Heat the grill to high. Stir the spinach and pasta into the pan in batches. Once the spinach has wilted, stir in the basil, most of the parmesan and half the mozzarella. Scatter over the rest of the cheese, then grill for 3-5 minutes until melty and bubbling. Leave for a few minutes before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter