Peking duck stir-fried rice
- April 2011
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ x 200g pack free-range duck mini fillets
- 100g sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- ½ x 90g pack baby pak choi, leaves separated
- 240g pack Tilda Stir Fry Peking Rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2-3 tbsp plum sauce
- 7.5cm piece of cucumber, sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp honey-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Heat a wok until hot, add the olive oil, then add the duck and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the wok to the heat, add the sugar snaps and pak choi and 1 tbsp of water. Stir-fry for 1 minute, remove from the pan and set aside with the duck.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, adding 1-2 tbsp water if it begins to stick.
- Return the vegetables and duck to the pan along with the spring onions. Toss it all together, taste and adjust the seasoning, then add plum sauce to taste.
- Divide between two bowls and serve topped with strips of cucumber and a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Peking duck rice paper rolls recipe
Ching He-Huang’s authentic Peking duck rice paper rolls are a Chinese recipe to savour.