Pineapple and passion fruit salad with pomegranate
- December 2004
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make, plus chilling
Work towards your five a day in style, by finishing off your supper with this fantastic tropical dessert.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 0.3g (no saturated)
- 25g (25g sugar)
- trace salt
- 8 ripe, wrinkly passion fruit
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Malibu
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and halved lengthways
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- Handful small fresh mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate, halved
- Halve the passion fruit and scoop the pulp out into a sieve resting over a saucepan. Using the back of a spoon, rub the pulp through the sieve to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the seeds. Add the sugar and Malibu to the pan. Put over a medium heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until syrupy. Set aside to cool, or cover and chill overnight.
- Sit a pineapple half cut-side down on a chopping board. Finely slice into semi-circles, then repeat with the other half. Arrange the pineapple slices in a circle on each serving plate. Very finely slice the chilli into long slivers, then scatter over the pineapple along with some mint. Sit the pomegranate halves cut-side down on a chopping board and hit them several times with a rolling pin to release the seeds. Scatter the seeds over the pineapple and drizzle with the Malibu syrup to serve.
If a lighter finish to dinner is to your liking, opt for this tropical winter dessert with pineapple, passion fruit, hot chilli and pomegranate seeds.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes in partnership with Breast Cancer Care
Tropical fruit salad with raspberry and orange sauce
Packed with vitamin C from kiwi, mango and papaya, this tropical fruit salad is sweet,...