- December 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 10-15 m
Use up leftover ham and cheese in our ploughman’s pizza for an easy meal using ready-to-roll pizza dough.
- 42.4g (25.3g saturated)
- 59g (12.1g sugars)
- 220g pack frozen ready-to-roll pizza dough, defrosted (we used Northern Dough Co Original), or make your own – here’s our basic pizza dough recipe
- 4 tbsp fruity chutney
- 200g cheese (we used a mix of mature cheddar and stilton)
- 100g cooked ham, sliced or shredded
- 50g fresh watercress
- Heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9 (or the highest setting). Put the dough in the centre of 2 large sheets of non-stick baking paper, roll out into a disc roughly 30cm in diameter, then transfer to a sturdy baking sheet (see tip).
- Dot the chutney over the pizza base, leaving a 3cm crust. Scatter with the cheese and ham, then bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve topped with the watercress.
To prepare the pizza base without baking paper, dust the work surface and a rolling pin with plain flour, then lightly dust the baking sheet with a little extra flour to stop the dough from sticking.
Rate & review