Prawn and chorizo skewers with yogurt, chickpeas and rocket
- July 2021
- Serves 2-3
- Hands-on time 20 min
Our juicy prawn and chorizo skewers are an easy barbecue recipe with bags of flavour. Serve on a bed of rocket, yogurt and spiced chickpeas.
Keep grilling all summer long with our alternative barbecue recipes.
- 36.7g (15.6g saturated)
- 16.5g (2.5g sugars)
- 12 large raw sustainable prawns
- Grated zest and juice 1/2 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 fat garlic cloves, chopped
- Handful parsley, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ras el hanout or 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed (see Don’t Waste It)
- 100g rocket
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages (total 200g), each cut into 4 chunks
- 80g greek yogurt
- Bread/flatbread to serve
You will also need
- 4-6 skewers (soaked in water for 30 min if they’re wooden)
- Barbecue (or griddle/grill)
- Heavy-based ovenproof frying pan
- Heat/light the barbecue and spread the coals in an even layer over half the barbecue. Put the prawns in a glass or ceramic bowl with the lemon zest and juice, half the garlic, half the chopped parsley and the olive oil. Stir well and season with black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan on the BBQ, then add the ras el hanout, the rest of the garlic and some salt and pepper. Stir and, when it’s aromatic, add the chickpeas. Cook briefly to warm through. Add the rocket and the rest of the parsley, then cook until the rocket wilts. Move the mixture to the other side of the BBQ to keep warm.
- Thread the prawns and chorizo alternately onto the skewers, then cook over the hot coals for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked through.
- Spread the yogurt on 2 plates, top with the chickpea and rocket mixture, then add the skewers and serve with extra parsley, a lemon wedge and warmed bread to mop up the juices.
Don’t waste it Save (and freeze) the aquafaba (chickpea water) to make vegan meringue – follow the method for our vegan coconut and mango pavlova.
Skip the BBQ Cook the skewers in a griddle pan over a medium-high heat or under a hot grill for 8-10 minutes until the chorizo is cooked.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and prawn skewers on greek salad
This light, fresh recipe tastes great and makes the perfect summer meal.