Quick chicken arrabbiata pasta
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Combine chicken, tomatoes, fresh penne pasta and broccoli with a good kick of fresh chilli flakes in this cheat’s arrabbiata recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes.
Fancy something a little different? Try our risotto arrabbiata made with smoky pancetta.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 500g pack fresh penne pasta
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into bite-size florets
- Parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Dice the chicken breasts, season and add to the hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes until browned. Add the chopped tomatoes and dried chilli flakes, and simmer rapidly for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan of boiling water from the kettle over a high heat. When boiling again, add the fresh penne and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 2 more minutes or until everything is al dente.
- Drain, return to the pan with the sauce and mix well. Divide among bowls and top with Parmesan shavings, if you like.
Rate & review