Quick tandoori vegan kebabs
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
A tandoori mix is all about good-quality yogurt and wonderful spices. For this recipe, the BOSH duo have used their own spice mix and plant-based chick’n chunks to create a kebab-shop-style dish with a tangy mint raita. Ensure you get your grill hot, hot, HOT, to act like a tandoor oven, and prepare yourself for a marinated masterpiece of a ‘fakeaway’.
This recipe is from Speedy BOSH! by Henry Firth and Ian Theasby (HQ, £22).
- 9.5g (2.2g saturated),
- 24.1g (5.7g sugars)
- 500g plant-based ‘chicken’ chunks (see tip)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 dairy-free naans, chapatis or rotis, toasted or warmed
- Handful fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
For the marinade
- 1 garlic clove
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger
- 200g coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
For the raita
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 150g unsweetened coconut yogurt
You’ll also need…
- Baking tray lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the grill to high. To make the marinade, grate the garlic and ginger into a bowl, then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the ‘chicken’ chunks to the marinade and toss to coat. Tip the contents of the bowl onto the prepared baking tray. Add the limes to the tray, cut-side up. Grill for 10 minutes, turning the pieces halfway through cooking, until golden and charred in places.
- For the raita, grate the cucumber into a bowl. Add the mint and coconut yogurt and mix to combine. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread a dollop of the raita over each warm bread, top with the tandoori pieces and a squeeze of grilled lime, then finish with coriander and spring onions. Add a pinch of chilli flakes, if using.
For a shortcut you can even buy ready-made tandoori spice. Look for Alt Tender Chickenless pieces or This Isn’t Chicken plant-based Sea-salt & Black Pepper Pieces, from Tesco, larger supermarkets and health food shops.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...