Duck legs with puy lentils and onions
- March 2017
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 duck legs
- 6 onions, peeled and quartered through the core
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 120g Puy lentils
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml duck or chicken stock
- 200ml red wine
- Pinch of sugar
- Wilted greens or green salad
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°Cfan/gas7. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Sprinkle the duck legs with salt and pepper and fry, skin side down, until golden brown, then turn them over and cook for a further 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Next, fry the onions in the casserole until golden around the edges, then add the garlic, lentils, and tomatoes and cook for another minute or two. Add the stock and wine, bring to the boil and return the duck legs to the casserole, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Cover the casserole with a lid, then place in the oven and cook for 1 hour until the meat comes away easily from the bone. Serve with wilted greens or a large green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter