Raspberry, lime and coconut self-saucing pudding
- August 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
Rustle up some quick and easy raspberry puddings for dessert. These raspberry, lime and coconut puds are self-saucing, so grab a spoon and dive in.
If you believe pudding should be a stress-free affair, you’ll also love our make-ahead dessert recipes.
- 29g (18.9g saturated)
- 79.8g (56.3g sugars)
- 60g butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs, separated
- Grated zest and juice 3 limes
- 125g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut, plus extra toasted to serve
- 300ml whole milk
- 200g fresh raspberries
You’ll also need
- 4 oven-safe ramekins or bowls (about 300ml capacity), greased
- Roasting tin large enough to hold them
Useful to have
- Electric hand mixer
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Beat together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well between additions. Beat in most of the lime zest and all the juice, then gently mix in the flour, coconut and milk.
- In another clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter in 2 additions until just combined.
- Divide the raspberries among the prepared ramekins/bowls, then top with the pudding mixture. Pour boiling water into the roasting tin so it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins/bowls. Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with extra toasted coconut and the remaining lime zest to serve.
Next time: Make the pudding in one large dish and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Easy swaps: Switch the lime and raspberries for lemon and blackberries (or other seasonal berries). Replace the butter and milk with plant-based alternatives to make the recipe dairy free.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter