Rum-soaked peaches with Jamaican ginger cake
- August 2008
- Serves 6
- Ready in 25 minutes
Need a pudding in a hurry? OF COURSE YOU DO! This is a quick and easy summer dessert recipe made with peaches, raspberries, a splash of rum and a crumbling of shop-bought ginger cake.
- 1 punnet of ripe peaches or nectarines
- 4 tbsp honey
- A splash of dark rum
- Jamaican ginger cake
- 142ml pot double cream
- Handful of raspberries
- Halve and stone the peaches or nectarines and put them in an ovenproof dish. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp honey, a splash of dark rum and grill for 15 minutes.
- Crumble the Jamaican ginger cake into a processor and whizz to crumbs. Sprinkle over the fruit with another 2 tbsps honey and the double cream. Grill until bubbling.
- Serve scattered with raspberries.
Rate & review