Sautéed jersey royals with black pudding and fried egg
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Cook time 30 minutes
Crispy jersey royals, meaty black pudding and a fried egg combine in this quick dish – serve up for Sunday brunch or as an indulgent weekend lunch.
And because potatoes for breakfast is always a good thing, make sure to check out these breakfast hash browns, too.
- 31.1g fat (7.6g saturated)
- 27.6g (1.7g sugars)
- 500g jersey royals
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200g black pudding
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Quarter the jersey royals, boil in salted water for 2-3 minutes, then drain. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the diced black pudding for 3-4 minutes until starting to crisp. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan and fry the potatoes for 8-10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggs. Reheat the black pudding in the pan with the potatoes. Season, then stir through the parsley and the lemon zest. Serve each portion topped with a fried egg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with chorizo
Roast sweet potato, chorizo and onion hash with poached eggs
Eggs are a particularly filling, protein-rich food. They’re also one of the few foods that...