Smoked haddock and spinach tart
- February 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
You only need six simple ingredients to make this haddock tart recipe, making it great for a quick and easy dinner recipe.
- 225g bag baby spinach
- 200ml tub full-fat crème fraîche
- 1 large beaten egg
- 350g skinless smoked haddock, cut into chunks
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 18cm cooked shortcrust pastry case
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put a the baby spinach in a colander over the sink, pour over boiling water to wilt, then squeeze out all the liquid.
- In a bowl, mix the full-fat crème fraîche with 1 large beaten egg. Stir in the haddock, lemon zest and spinach. Season well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry case. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until the filling is softly set and the pastry golden.
- Set aside to cool slightly, quarter and serve with a mixed salad.
Rate & review