Spanish-style cod and chickpea stew
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A simple supper made with white fish (we’ve used cod but you could use any white fish you prefer), smoked paprika and chickpeas. Ready in less than half an hour, this one’s set to be a midweek winner.
Try our vegetarian chickpea stew too for a just-as-good meat-free meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.1g (3.4g saturated)
- 14.5g (3.3g sugars)
- 100g diced chorizo
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 sliced roasted red peppers from a jar
- 500g cod loin
- Chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Crusty bread or rice, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick pan, then fry the chorizo and onion for 8 minutes or until soft and caramelised. Add the garlic cloves and smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato purée, vegetable stock, chickpeas and roasted red peppers. Cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the cod loin into 4cm chunks, then nestle into the sauce. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through and the fish flakes easily. Sprinkle with chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and serve with crusty bread or rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb cutlets with tumbet
This Spanish lamb recipe is taken from Nieves Barragan Mohacho’s new cookbook Sabor. It may...
May seasonal recipes
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
Garlic, spinach and basil is whizzed together to create a pesto-like sauce, before it’s stirred...