Spicy lamb with sautéed potatoes and houmous
- November 2005
- 450g peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp harissa or any other chilli paste
- 1 lemon
- 4 trimmed lamb cutlets or 2 lamb fillets
- Small tub of houmous
- Pan-fry potatoes in vegetable oil for 12-15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden and tender. Season.
- Meanwhile, mix chilli paste with a good squeeze of lemon juice in a shallow dish. Season lamb cutlets or fillets and coat them in the mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning halfway. Serve with the potatoes, a good dollop of houmous, lemon wedges, and a mixed green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick spicy lamb chops with pomegranate, feta and mint tabouleh
Tabouleh is a dish made with bulgur wheat and is really easy to prepare. Served...
Lamb leg steak recipes
Cheat’s spicy lamb steaks with coconut and broad bean rice
Enjoy spicy lamb steaks in just 15 minutes when you cut a few corners and...