Spicy lamb with sautéed potatoes and houmous
- November 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20-25 minutes
For a quick supper try this spicy lamb recipe with potatoes and houmous.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 450g peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp harissa or any other chilli paste
- 1 lemon
- 4 trimmed lamb cutlets or 2 lamb fillets
- Small tub of houmous
- Pan-fry potatoes in vegetable oil for 12-15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden and tender. Season.
- Meanwhile, mix chilli paste with a good squeeze of lemon juice in a shallow dish. Season lamb cutlets or fillets and coat them in the mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning halfway. Serve with the potatoes, a good dollop of houmous, lemon wedges, and a mixed green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb chops with warm lentils and feta
Lamb chops are the ultimate quick supper – pair them with with healthy lentils and...
May seasonal recipes
Rick Stein’s Icelandic breaded lamb chops with spiced red cabbage
Rick Stein’s breaded lamb chop recipe hails from Iceland and is undeniably moreish. Serve alongside...