Butterflied leg of spring lamb with mint pesto
- May 2010
- 2kg butterflied leg of spring lamb
- 3 tbsp mint pesto (use the Classic basil pesto recipe, using mint instead of the basil)
- 6 anchovy fillets, each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lay out the leg of lamb, inside up, on a chopping board and spread the pesto all over the inside. Roll up and tie with string to secure.
- Put the lamb in a roasting tin and make 18 incisions all over it with a sharp knife. Insert a piece of anchovy into each incision. Drizzle the olive oil over the lamb and season with black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 1½ hours for slightly pink lamb, and longer if you prefer it well cooked. Rest the lamb for 15 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spring lamb pies
This quick lamb pie recipe is great for using up frozen vegetables. Use wedges of...
Breast of lamb stuffed with feta and mint
A gorgeous spring lamb recipe made with breast of lamb and stuffed with a flavoursome...