- August 2013
- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
This quick-and-easy Spanish tortilla dish of potatoes, onions and eggs takes 30 minutes to make and is great for brunch, lunch or dinner.
See this similar tortilla recipe by chef Omar Allibhoy too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 391 kcals
- 25.1g (5.6g saturated)
- 22.3g (2.4g sugars)
- 500g charlotte or other waxy potatoes
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Flaked sea salt and chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, to serve
- Very finely slice the potatoes. Heat the olive oil in a 20cm diameter omelette pan over a medium heat, then pile in the potatoes. Fry for 10-15 minutes until tender and golden, tossing now and then. Add the onion, finely sliced, then fry with the potatoes for another 5 minutes to soften.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season well. Tip the potatoes and onions into the egg and mix well, then return everything to the pan and reduce the heat slightly. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, hold a plate over the pan and carefully invert to remove the tortilla – it may spill a little. Slide the tortilla off the plate back into the pan and cook for 5 minutes more or until golden but still a little bit soft in the centre. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, then slice to serve.
Rate & review