Sticky balsamic pork ribs with coleslaw
- August 2005
- Serves 4
- Prep time 10 min, cooking time 50 min
A finger lickin’ summer barbecue recipe for pork ribs steeped in a sticky balsamic glaze. Serve to guests with the crunchy coleslaw and let everyone dig in!
Fancy something a bit different? Take a look at these seriously sticky ribs with a marmalade glaze.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.2g (3.5g saturated)
- 16.2g (15.2g sugars)
- 1.2kg pork spare ribs
- 150ml balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
For the coleslaw
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Juice of ½lemon
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- ½ white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, roughly grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced diagonally
- Light a disposable or charcoal barbecue. Put the ribs into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make a glaze for the ribs. Put the balsamic vinegar and chilli into a small pan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced by half and thickened slightly. Set aside to cool, then season.
- Make the coleslaw. Put the mayonnaise into a large serving bowl, stir in the lemon juice and season well. Add the onion, cabbage, carrot and celery and mix well. Season, cover and set aside.
- If using a barbecue: Brush the glaze over the ribs and place on the hot barbecue. Cook for 10 minutes (over an indirect medium heat if it’s a gas barbecue), turning now and then until lightly charred all over.
If using an oven: pop the ribs on a baking tray lined with foil and cook under a hot grill.
- Divide the ribs between plates and serve with the coleslaw – and plenty of napkins!
You can cook the ribs from raw in an oven preheated to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway, then brush with the glaze and cook for 10 minutes more, until tender and lightly charred.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork ribs with a sweet and spicy glaze
This juicy, flavoursome pork recipe is a real taste of the American South and perfect...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...