Super green pasta
- September 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min
Who knew that a pot of houmous could make such a fabulous, quick and creamy pasta sauce? We did. Whizz all the ingredients together until silky smooth, then stir through penne pasta for an easy midweek meal.
- 18g (4.4g saturated)
- 65.6g (3.2g sugars)
- 500g penne pasta
- 200g pot of houmous
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 100g defrosted frozen peas
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- The leaves of 5-6 fresh mint sprigs
- Extra squeeze of lemon, lemon zest, black pepper, a few torn mint leaves and sea salt flakes, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Put a the houmous,
avocado, courgette, coconut milk, peas, the finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon, the leaves of 5-6 fresh mint sprigs and plenty of salt and pepper in a blender. Whizz until completely smooth and bright green.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, return to the pan and toss with the avocado sauce over a medium heat until well coated (but don’t heat too much – think of it as a saucy pesto). Taste, then add an extra squeeze of lemon, if needed. Sprinkle over a little lemon zest, some black pepper, a few torn mint leaves and some sea salt flakes to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter