Tuna and hazelnut coleslaw
- August 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Coleslaw is traditionally eaten as a side dish but you can turn it into a satisfying meal by adding a tin of tuna with this salad recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 white cabbage, halved, cored and finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 20g chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 75g chopped roasted hazelnuts (from larger Sainsbury’s)
- 2 x 200g cans tuna steak in oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and some seasoning.
- Add the cabbage to the bowl, along with the onion, parsley and hazelnuts. Toss everything together to lightly coat in the mayonnaise.
- Drain the tuna steak in oil, add to the coleslaw and gently mix through. Divide between plates and serve with French bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...