Turkey and Stilton pie
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 min to make and 30-35 min in the oven
This easy turkey and Stilton pie recipe is a great dish for using up your Christmas leftovers.
The trick? The sauce is a ready-made soup making this a really quick and easy dish.
- 32.1g (15.4g saturated)
- 33.5g (3.3g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 375g turkey breast fillets, cut into bite-size cubes
- 125g broccoli, cut into very small florets
- 400g can broccoli and Stilton soup
- Flour, for dusting
- 300g puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 and pop a baking tray in the oven to heat up. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the turkey pieces and cook for 5 minutes to brown on all sides. Add the broccoli florets and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the soup and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and spoon the mixture into a deep 1.2-litre pie dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out until 5mm thick and large enough to generously cover the top of the pie dish. Wet the rim of the pie dish and place the pastry over the top. Press down the edges to seal. Use a knife to trim away the excess pastry. (You can use the trimmings for a decoration, if you like.) Make a couple of slits in the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg and scatter with sea salt flakes. Put on the hot baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
You can make this the day before – if you do, ensure the turkey is thoroughly cooked in step 1. Prepare to the end of step 2 then chill.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Chicken pie recipes
Chicken pies make the ultimate comfort food dinner....
Whether you prefer a pastry or potato top,...
Blue cheese recipes
Blue cheese is a great cooking ingredient that...
Classic soup recipes
Sometimes, all you need is a bowl of...
Christmas turkey recipes
The showstopper of Christmas Day is always the...