- February 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 minutes, oven time 1 hour 50 minutes
These roasties are a little different in that the potatoes are baked in their skins first, then cut into quarters, drizzled with oil and roasted, making them extra crisp on the outside yet still fluffy in the centre.
- 12.4g (1.8g saturated)
- 37.3g (1.7g sugars)
- trace salt
- 1.2kg maris piper potatoes
- 100ml light olive oil for oiling and drizzling
- Prick the potatoes here and there 2-3 times with the point of a knife. Cook next to the lamb, directly on the oven rack, for 15 minutes at 230°C/ 210°C fan/gas 8, then for 50 minutes at 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 until tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven then, as soon as you can handle them (an oven glove helps), cut each one into quarters. Lightly oil a roasting tin, then gently pinch each piece to open up the now fluffy potato. Put the pieces skin-side down in the tin. Drizzle the rest of the oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Return to the oven on the top shelf and roast at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 30-45 minutes until crisp and golden.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...