- February 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 minutes, oven time 1 hour 50 minutes
These roasties are a little different in that the potatoes are baked in their skins first, then cut into quarters, drizzled with a light olive oil and roasted. This makes them extra crisp on the outside yet still fluffy in the centre.
- 12.4g (1.8g saturated)
- 37.3g (1.7g sugars)
- trace salt
- 1.2kg maris piper potatoes
- 100ml light olive oil for oiling and drizzling
- Prick the potatoes here and there 2-3 times with the point of a knife. Cook next to the lamb, directly on the oven rack, for 15 minutes at 230°C/ 210°C fan/gas 8, then for 50 minutes at 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 until tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven then, as soon as you can handle them (an oven glove helps), cut each one into quarters. Lightly oil a roasting tin, then gently pinch each piece to open up the now fluffy potato. Put the pieces skin-side down in the tin. Drizzle the rest of the oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Return to the oven on the top shelf and roast at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 30-45 minutes until crisp and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter