Ultimate cheesy chips
- January 2018
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40-45 min
No burger is complete without a side of ultra crispy and extra-gooey, cheesy fries… Right?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.4g (2.1g saturated)
- 46g (1.7g sugars)
- 800g unpeeled maris piper potatoes
- Glug of rapeseed oil
- 50g polenta
- Sea salt flakes
- 3 handfuls of grated mozzarella
- Thinly slice the potatoes and put in a large bowl of cold water to soak for 15 minutes. Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put 2 large baking trays in the oven with a generous glug of rapeseed oil on each. Drain the chips and pat dry on kitchen paper. Put in a large bowl and sprinkle with the polenta, tossing to coat.
- When the oil is hot, spread the chips out evenly on the hot trays. Sprinkle over sea salt flakes and bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing halfway through, until golden, crisp and tender. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and return to the oven for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese. Eat straightaway with the cheeseburger or on their own.
Rate & review