- January 2005
- 375g sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 x 114g can of good-quality anchovy fillets in extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of black mustard seeds or furikake seeds (available from Sainsbury’s)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Unroll a 375g sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry (keep it on its plastic lining). Fold the pastry in half lengthways and cut along the fold. Cut each piece into 30 x 1cm strips and brush with lightly beaten egg.
- Drain a 114g can of good-quality anchovy fillets in extra-virgin olive oil. Cut each fillet into 4 slim lengthways strips and put 1 on top of each piece of pastry. Twist each anchovy and pastry strip and space apart on 2 baking sheets lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of black mustard seeds or furikake seeds
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden and serve
If you don’t tell people they are eating anchovies they really love this dish (obviously tell the veggies!)
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...