Mushrooms on toast. Quick, easy and bloomin' delicious.
- 500g mixed mushrooms (such as portobello, oyster, chestnut)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1. Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough.
- 3. Add the cream and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.
Per serving: 243kcals, 15.8g fat (9.5g saturated), 6g protein, 19.3g carbs (1.4g sugars), 0.6g salt, 2.9g fibre
More one hour menu ideas
One hour vegetarian menu
One hour menu for two
One hour menu for the family
One-hour menu for friends
One hour menu to celebrate summer with friends
For the mushrooms , pick a creamy white Burgundy (Meursault or less pricey Mâcon-Villages), then carry on drinking it with the salmon and wilted chard. With the pudding, a sweet Orange Muscat, served lightly chilled, would end the meal on a high note.