Baked potato and egg florentine
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make and about 30 min to cook
A simple dish packed full of hearty vegetarian ingredients, including spinach, pine nuts and mozzarella.
- 31.1g (12.3g saturated)
- 38.2g (4.3g sugar)
- 800g potatoes, thinly sliced
- Knob of butter
- 150ml vegetable stock, hot
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 300g spinach, wilted
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, torn
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Place the potatoes in 4 x 16cm (measured across the top) gratin dishes. Dot with the butter and drizzle with the stock. Season and bake for 20 minutes until almost tender.
- Spoon the cherry tomatoes among the dishes and top with the spinach, pine nuts and mozzarella.
- For each dish, make a well in the middle and crack an egg into each one. Cook for another 12 minutes until the eggs are set and the mozzarella has melted.
Canned cherry tomatoes (available in major supermarkets) have a light, sweet flavour when compared to normal canned tomatoes, so they are great for fresh summer dishes.
Rate & review